Science introduces your child to the fascinating world of plants, animals, and the environment around them. Understanding science becomes easier when it is intriguing. So how can you make it intriguing? Through a science quiz for kids to trigger their curiosity.
Use MomJunction’s science question and answers for kids to make the subject a fun to learn.
Science Quiz Question and Answers For kids
Science Quiz For Grade 1
1. Which animal lays eggs?
2. A male cow is called?
3. All animals need food, air, and ____ to survive.
4. Which one is a fur-bearing animal?
5. What is Earth’s only natural satellite?
6. The tree has a branch filled with green _____.
7. What part of the body helps you move?
8. The two holes of the nose are called?
9. What star shines in the day and provides light?
10. Legs have feet and arms have ___.
11. Which organ covers the entire body and protects it?
12. Which shape is a round?
13. Who invented the first functional telephone?
a. Albert Einstein
b. Nikola Tesla
c. Thomas Alva Edison
d. Alexander Graham Bell
Answer: Alexander Graham Bell
14. What is the young one of a cow called?
15. Dark rain clouds can give out lightning and ____.
16. Your hands have four fingers and a ____.
17. Which part of the bird lets it fly high in the sky?
Science Quiz For Grades 2 & 3
18. Animals that suckle their young one are called ____.
19. What part of the plant conducts photosynthesis?
20. What is the boiling point of water?
21. Which is the largest land animal?
22. ____ helps pump blood through the entire body.
23. How does a dog express happiness?
a. Twitching ears
b. Moving head
c. Closing eyes
d. Wagging tail
Answer: Wagging tail
24. What are the three states of matter?
Answer: Solid, Liquid, and Gas
25. Frog is a reptile or amphibian?
26. If one boils water it will convert into ____.
27. When you push something, you apply ____.
28. Which group of animals have scales?
29. Where does our food collect after we chew and swallow it?
a. Small intestine
b. Large intestine
30. Which material from the following has the highest transparency?
31. Which animal from the below list is best adapted to the desert?
32. What part of the skeletal system protects the brain?
33. What is the name of a frog’s young one?
34. Which pigment gives the leaves its green color?
Science Quiz For Grades 4, 5, 6, & 7
35. What tissue connects muscles to bones?
b. Blood vessels
36. Which nutrient plays an essential role in muscle-building?
37. Plants need which gas to perform photosynthesis?
b. Carbon monoxide
c. Carbon dioxide
Answer: Carbon dioxide
38. Which scientist proposed the three laws of motion?
a. Isaac Newton
b. Thomas Alva Edison
c. Albert Einstein
d. Stephen Hawking
Answer: Isaac Newton
39. Earth is surrounded by layers of gases collectively called the _____.
d. Ozone layer
40. Which system of the body controls the senses?
a. Circulatory system
b. Digestive system
c. Nervous system
d. Skeletal system
Answer: Nervous system
41. Which is the largest animal on earth?
c. Blue whale
Answer: Blue whale
42. Similar body cells group together to form a ___.
c. Blood vessels
43. What energy emerges from motion?
a. Potential energy
b. Electrical energy
c. Kinetic energy
d. Gravitational energy
Answer: Kinetic energy
44. Which is the strongest sense in a dog?
45. The standard unit of measurement for energy is ____.
46. Which biologist proposed the theory of evolution through natural selection?
a. Charles Darwin
b. Stephen Hawking
c. Francesco Redi
d. Alexander Fleming
Answer: Charles Darwin
47. What are animals, which eat both plants and animals, called?
48. The outward force, away from the center, felt by an object in circular motion is ___.
a. Centripetal force
b. Circular force
c. Centrifugal forces
d. Elastic force
Answer: Centrifugal force
49. What type of energy eventually depletes?
a. Kinetic energy
b. Non-renewable energy
c. Gravitational energy
d. Renewable energy
Answer: Non-renewable energy
50. A single piece of coiled DNA is called ____.
51. Yeast is a type of ____.
52. Which is the closest planet to the sun?
Science quiz for grades 8, 9, & 10
53. “For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.” It is which of Newton’s law of motion?
a. First Law
b. Second Law
c. Third Law
Answer: Third Law
54. Which cell organelle is also called powerhouse of the cell?
b. Endoplasmic reticulum
55. The bending of light through a glass prism is called ____.
56. A lion is most closely related to which of the following animals?
57. Newtons is the unit of force or energy?
58. Diabetes happens because of problems in which organ of the body?
59. Which of the following is NOT a form of carbon?
c. Amorphous carbon
60. Sweet potato is an example of a modified _____.
61. Medicine that is given to fight bacteria but not viruses?
62. Earthquakes are caused due to movements of ______.
Answer: Tectonic plates
63. An acidic liquid will have a ___ pH.
64. Which is the lightest element in the periodic table?
65. What elements are the most common in the human body?
a. Sulfur, sodium, magnesium
b. Phosphorus, nitrogen, calcium
c. Copper, zinc, selenium
d. Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen
Answer: Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen
Science trivia questions help children develop an interest in science. They also make the subject more enjoyable and easy-to-understand. So use these questions, and go ahead with a quiz contest. May the best team win!
What was your child’s score? Let us know in the comment section below.
Latest posts by Rohit Garoo (see all)
- Science Quiz For Kids of Grades I to X – November 16, 2018
- Pneumonia In Babies: Causes, Symptoms And Treatment – November 15, 2018
- What Causes Itchy Breasts While Breastfeeding And How To Deal With It – October 31, 2018
- Flat Head Syndrome (Plagiocephaly): Causes, Symptoms And Treatment – October 30, 2018
- 5 Signs Of Overfeeding A Baby And Steps To Prevent It – October 17, 2018
- Brewer’s Yeast When Breastfeeding: Does It Improve Milk Supply? – October 15, 2018
- White Noise For Babies: Benefits & Side-Effects – September 28, 2018
- Tylenol For Babies: Safety, Dosage Chart And Side-Effects – September 28, 2018
- 11 Common Causes Of Baby’s Cough And Treatment Options – September 27, 2018
- 18-Month-Old’s Developmental Milestones: A Complete Guide – September 25, 2018